> Har, they'll try to wear you down. Next you'll be told that the new
> zooms perform as well as primes (unfortunately even some of the new
> "digital" primes aren't that spectacular in performance)

Yeah it's all a little sad really, I expect a compromise in a zoom lens but
there's really no excuse with a prime. Having to use the shorter focal length
causes some real problems.

> and then
> you'll be told that loosing the aperture ring control made the
> camera affordable to produce and that it's progress and that you'll
> get used to it. Double har. Sorry if I sound a little cynical :-)

Progress! I'd rather not get used to it, maybe I'd just accept it if I'd
never used the aperture control on the lens. I'm all for development but to
me this is a backward step.

John