----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Smekal"
Subject: *istD-flaws

A Luminous Landscape review from 2003 maintains the following:

"Regrettably Pentax has missed the mark with the *ist D ... they can't
ignore ... two serious flaws < a highly problematic card compartment and
the lack of a histogram and highlight alert in post-exposure review mode
(only on subsequent image playback, but not right after taking the shot)
... The latter can probably be fixed with a firmware upgrade. The CF card
eject problem likely needs a body redesign"

The card slot is fiddly, but not "highly problematic".
I don't miss the histogram popping up after the picture is taken, I rarely use the instant review anyway.

William Robb