Frantisek mused:

> Also, I believe the WinXP "properties" of the file are not transferred
> with the file. They are most likely stored in the NTFS filesystem on
> your disk (that might explain why you can't change them . . .

No - the reason why the posted instructions don't work for Michael
are because you can't use that technique with multiple files selected;
you can only change those properties for a single file at a time.

It's easy enough to check, if you have access to a Windows XP system.
And if you don't have access to one, posting guesses as to just why
any particular version of Windows behaves in the way it does is an
exercise in futility.