Alan,

I have been using Vuescan and a Minolta Scan Dual II since Fall
of 2000, have scanned perhaps 2000 or more negatives with it,
and have never seen a streak.

Where did you hear of this? And how would the scanning software
know how to compensate for what sounds like a defect in your
scanner hardware?

Godfrey

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.periphs.scanners