Hmmm. You haven't been in too many studios lately, have you? At Acme Photo, where they do a lot of Detroit's car photography, they have a whole bank of 30-inch Apple Cinema Displays that are used for RAW conversions and retouching. And a number of other pros I've talked to have been singing the praises of that giant screen.
Paul