On 6 Mar 2005 at 7:08, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> Hmmm. You haven't been in too many studios lately, have you? At Acme
> Photo, where they do a lot of Detroit's car photography, they have a
> whole bank of 30-inch Apple Cinema Displays that are used for RAW
> conversions and retouching. And a number of other pros I've talked to
> have been singing the praises of that giant screen.

So what is their technical departments criterion for monitor selection,
reduction in heat load, savings in desk space, ease of system integration or
image quality?

There is nothing to indicate in your example that the monitors have been
selected simply due to advantages in image quality.

I recently had to replace my monitor and had the option of TFT or CRT, I chose
CRT as image quality and specifically gamma accuracy and contrast range were my
primary criterion.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998