In a message dated 3/7/2005 12:43:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
It's made from a millet-like
grain called tef, which is native to Ethiopia, although I think it may
be grown in the USA as well and sold through health food stores (it's
gluten-free). Here, if you can't get genuine injera the substitute is
nowhere near as good as the real thing.

Cheers,
Bob

=======

The owner of the restaurant, or the chef, or possibly both, came by and told
me (why me, I have no idea) that it was imported. That tef is not grown in the
US at all. Actually, at the time, I had no idea what he was talking about and
thought maybe he was coughing or something (although I smiled and nodded
intelligently).

Now I know.

Truthfully I found the "sponge" bread truly weird. Not necessarily bad, but I
kept having the feeling I was eating a piece of thin foam -- possibly torn
off someone's lawn furniture -- from the padding under the vinyl. Lawn
furniture
that had been out in the rain, since it didn't have that nice new yellow foam
look, but sort of a rotting, too-old, ready-to-fall-apart foam look.

Never say I am not a good sport. Especially in the service of a PDML meet.

Marnie aka Doe :-)