Keith, when I think of 'mechanical camera' I think
of one that only loses it's meter if the batteries
die.
The only one in the "M" line AFAIK that fits this
description is the MX.
What do you mean by mechanical?
I haven't had an MV for a while but it seems to me
that it qualifies as an 'electronic camera' in that
all but X and B shutter speeds are battery dependent.
I won't knock the MV, but I've had too many thru here
that just didn't stand up very well under heavy use.
The ME and MES just seem 'tougher' in their construction.
The ME even had metal top and bottom covers.
I did notice that the MV-1 seems to have several stronger
components, presumably to make it suitable to take a
power winder, which the MV won't.

Don