In a message dated 5/20/2005 5:32:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Nice pic. A quick turn of the knobs in the shadow/highlight tool would
bring that sky under control. But I like it as shot.
Paul
--------------------
Thanks!

Yes, but that would affect the whole photo. I think in this kind of situation
I would need to mask an area, a small area, then do shadow/highlight. And
right now my skills are not such that I can mask a small area yet. That is one
of
the things I am aiming for learning in PS (7) -- layers/masking. I just got
PS 7 Classroom in a book and am working through it. Someday, when that is
accomplished, I'll probably move up to PS CS. I do have shadow/highlight in
Elements 3.

OTOH, that's the way it looks in this kind of strongly backlit situation --
bright sky in the background. Although our eye tends to adjust and not see it
as much. But I keep debating how much to adjust things in PS/Elements from the
way it really was. :-) If you follow me.

Glad you like as is.

Marnie aka Doe