In a message dated 5/20/2005 5:56:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
This is a nice composition & subject with good exposure & focus and aptly
fits your title.
As posted it does a fine job of relaying the lay of the land so to speak. As
something more than that, i think it fails.
IMHO, I wouldn't have taken the shot as is, due to the blown out sky. Don't
know if there was a way to get a 'similar' view with no/less sky, but I would
have tried if I really wanted this shot for more than info.
Perhaps another time of day or a different day with less direct light.

Hope this helps

Thanks for posting

Kenneth Waller
=============
You know, I look at it and think it's okay. But I also look at it and think a
"professional" photographer would not print/show it with the blown/white sky.
So I guess there are different levels of standards. It was overcast that day,
so the sky was whitish anyway. It would have been better shot on less white
sky day to begin with.

I find the reactions interesting, actually. Though now versed in PS would
correct it with masking stuff, those from a strong film/slide background
without
being that PS proficient are not bothered so much, and those that are more
professional would fix/do it differently. Or maybe those are my conclusions
from
the reactions, but that seems to be it.

I probably will tweak it when I am more up on PS.

Thanks for your input.

Marnie