Hi, experts:
In July/Aug I'm going to spend 2 weeks in the high Canadian Arctic. The sun
will be up all the time I'm there, but the quality of light will
be...strange. I expect the landscape, villages, animals to be pretty drab in
terms of colour range. I only want to bring one kind of film so that I'm not
always sorry there's something else in the camera (weight restrictions means
one camera (ZX-5n) and one or two lenses (probably a 50 mm and a 28-200
zoom, and a small lightweight tripod).

I think that ISO 400 might be the best compromise, and want film with wide
exposure latitude so that I can make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity; therefore, negative rather than slide film. Also, I think that
given the drab palette, I should go for a film with enhanced colour
saturation.
Therefore, I'm considering:

Fuji Superia 400 (CH)
Kodak Max 400
Kodak Portra 400VC
Kodak Supra 400

Can anyone with experience with these films suggest what they would use?
Thanks a lot.
JJ

J. John Cohen
Department of Immunology, MailStop B-184
University of Colorado Medical School
Denver, CO 80262
Phone +1 303 315 8898
Fax     +1 303 315 5967