One could argue that one waits in seconds and not in megabytes for a buffer
to empty.

But something else strikes me as rather interesting: is the difference in
RAW file size between *istD and D70 really that big? Why would that be so,
considering both cameras store basically the same amount of image
information? Or don't they?

>not
>shooting RAW with a DSLR is sacrificing most of the gains over
>digital compact camera.

I understand we are talking RAW files only.

Cheers,

Leon