----- Original Message -----
From: "Pentax Clover"

> You know that even Pro who use Nikon F-5 regulary check the
SLR, even  Leica
> M6 user...
> I really hope the MZ-S is as reliable as you say !

But of course. This is an area where Pentax could really learn a
lesson or two from the competition. Product support for older
equipment is non existent. A couple of years back, I had a heck
of a time getting replacement parts for my A 50mm f/1.2, which
was about 12 years old. No apologies, but an offer to sell me a
new (but not the same focal length or maximum aperture) lens at
a competitive price.
At that point, the A 50mm f/1.2 was still current
At the same time, we sent a friends Nikon F2 (circa 1975) to
Nikon for repair. He had drownded it in a canoe tipover.
(Contrary to popular belief, Canadians will tip also, but you
really have to earn it.) Nikon very apologetically indicated
that they could no longer service the camera, as it had been
discontinued for 20 years, but they did suggest a few
independant shops.
Leica has probably the best repair service of all, from what I
have heard.
I have no way of knowing if the MZ-S will prove to be reliable,
though I expect it to be.

William Robb
Remember, the LX Gallery is coming up.
Please see: