Hey, Wolfy.  Did you check the rollers?  Are they smooth and clean?
Does it appear to operate properly?  There's not just a whole lot that
can go wrong with one of these, and when they do wear out, it's pretty
obvious.  I have an original 4x5 Polaroid back (quite a bit older than
yours) that still works fine.  You'll probably be ok.  I'd say keep it
until you can get some film.  Then gripe if it doesn't work.