I seriously doubt 90% of PS users use an unpaid for copy. I doubt 90% of university students (by far the worse offenders) have an unpaid for copy. Also I would guess that 99% of those who have to have a copy (work related) did pay for it, or their company did. BTW companies buying bulk licenses pay about $50 a copy not $600 Mostly all that stuff is FUD corportations use to justify the outrageous prices. Of course there are millions of copies in use in China where they do not recognize intellectual property rights at all. Maybe that is why we have to pay $600 for a copy, because they can not profitably sell it in China.
Oh yes I got it, it is the cost of support. BUT then I personally have never
called a software company for support in my life, so I guess they (software
companies) owe me thousands of dollars over the years for support they made me
pay for that I did not need. Hey, thinking up all this sophism (both sides) is
fun.

One point however, the copyright laws in Canada, as you have pointed out
several times, are somewhat different than they are in the US.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From:
Subject: Re: Cheap (?) Photoshop CS2 upgrade

===========
Nyah, just people who can't afford $600 or so. Which is sort of an
outrageous
price for software (sorry, but I think it is).

So don't buy it.
I think Mercedes Benz is overpriced, but I'm not about to go out and
"borrow" one just because of it.

As an aside, an aquaintance of mine (he teashes Photoshop courses) told me
that if everyone actually bought legitimate copies of Photoshop, they would
be able to cut the price LOTS.
Because of the practice of stealing the use of the software, the price is
kept artificially high, since they have to make their money off of less than
10% of the people using the software.

William Robb