On 6/26/05, Larry Levy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And where does that place Lumpy (Mr. Greenjeans)?

Actually, he was the Godfather.  Not just of Pee Wee Herman (which he
was), but in the Don Corleone sense, of the whole late-50's early-60's
Children's TV empire.  No one could make a move without him:

Jim Henson:  "Godfather, there's this new children's television show,
Sesame Street.  They'
re calling for puppets, just like I do.  I'd be perfect for their
puppeteer.  They say they won't give it to me.  They say there's no
chance, no chance.  I don't know what to do, I don't know what to
do..."

Mr. Greenjeans:   "You can act like a man! (slaps Henson in the face)
What's the matter with you? Is this how you turned out? A Hollywood
finocchio that ah cries like a woman? (then imitates Henson, as Mr.
Kangaroo giggles)."

Yup, behind that those unassuming green overalls was an evil genius, a
cruel but effective leader, controlling the whole industry...

cheers,
frank