Frank Theriault wrote:

I wasn't defending the law, Tom, I was just saying that it would be
easily enforceable is all.  Of course, I too would be dead set against
such an infringement of personal freedoms.

I didn't think you were defending it. I interpreted what you wrote as your saying the law could be reasonably enforced. I guess I should have worded that better.

I understand the reasons why someone would want such a law but I do not believe that rudeness can be effectively regulated by government. I don't blame Sean Penn for busting those guys in the chops. I'd be tempted to do the same thing. The threat of violence can be a great civilizer.

Stalkers are a different issue entirely. There are plenty of laws on the books against that already. They don't seem to do much good though.

Tom Reese