> From: "Kevin Butler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> . . .
> wondering what keeps you wedded to the Pentax system - is it the substantial
> investment in glass, or the joy of being able to find older quality MF
> lenses for cheap on occasion?

I really liked my Nikkormat (circa late '60's), but after about the first
year I could never trust the light meter and it was very expensive to
repair. I really liked my Olympus OM-1, but it seemed as though third-party
lenses weren't available and Olympus lenses were expensive. I got into
Pentax gear with the ME Super. Like my previous two, nice simple operation,
solid, and even more reliable, with many lens choices. Fast forward through
almost 20 years of mostly vacation pictures. When I rediscovered
photography, I went with the PZ-1p because I had the Pentax lenses and the
PZ felt comfortable in my hands. I still like the PZ and consider it a
simple reliable camera. With much potential for the times I want to or need
to complicate my life. But I have gone more and more retro, and just really
love the solid simplicity of the LX and the 645. Canon? Olympus? Nikon? None
have the same backward/forward compatibility of lenses to cameras that
Pentax has - really marvelous! Good lenses, usable across a broad range of
camera bodies from very simple to very sophisticated, everything well
designed as a system, well thought through and laid out, . . . sticking wit
Pentax is a no-brainer for me. It hurts my head to think about the research
I would have to do to try to learn the Canon jargon so that I could learn
which used lenses fit which used or new cameras!

Stan