They are both wonderful photographs. I have been there, and know that shooting monumnt valley if much more difficult that it might at first appear.

Of the two, I prefer the second, #321. The foreground in both the upper right and lower left adds interest and texture, and the sky is wonderful, and dominates the scene, as it does in real life. The first shots is also very effective, however, and better conveys the feel of the valley, with it numerous "monuments."

Bruce Dayton wrote:

Ok, so it is not really a matched pair, but the same mitten twice.
These were both taken near the same time.  I'm trying to decide which
I like better.  It would be nice to get opinions on what you like, if
any.

http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/monumentvalley_0318.htm
http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/monumentvalley_0321.htm