William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shel Belinkoff"
Subject: Re: Features I use (formerly the Nine Second Difference)

[...]

Umm, what's Image Review - the screen on the back where you see what you
shot? Why turn it off? To further the manual film camera experience, or
does turning it off do something else, perhaps wrt how quickly the camera
will react or process pics?

Turning it off puts the pleasure of surprise and wonder back into the picture taking experience. A side benefit is longer battery life.

William Robb

Key words, Shel:

   BATTERY LIFE.

In my own digitals, the way I use them, I primarily use the viewfinder. The LCD just goes along for the ride. But, I do activate it from time to time, and I am aware that sometimes the time between charges is pretty short!
Might be from using the LCD all the time.  <g>

keith