Not quite.  I didn't ~need~ auto bracketing, nor did I need bracketed
shots.  I decided to try it because the project at hand was boring and
repetitive and I didn't want to waste time on something I really didn't
want to do.  I'd have done just as well with a manual camera, just not as
fast.  Nor did I have to go find such a camera.  It was offered to me
without my having to ask.  While these may seem like small differences, to
me they are significant.

That said, having used the 5n today I found it to be a reasonably nice
camera, but very annoying in many ways.  Maybe more experience will assuage
some of the annoyances, but I also no some will remain as long as I use the
camera.  Nothing will change the cheesy shutter release operation, for
example.  The slow autofocus, and the limited ability for autofocus to work
on certain subjects or in certain light, means that I'd rarely, if ever,
use that function.  The AF confirmation light does not always accurately
confirm when the point on the subject that I want to focus upon is, indeed,
in focus.

Yes, there are workarounds to some of these things, but having to first
decide if a function is appropriate for a shot, and then argue with it to
some degree, is not my idea of photography.  The simplicity of a manual
camera - which has no functions (even a meter is a PITA at times) allows me
to think only of making the photograph.  There's no need to "prepare" the
camera for this or that situation (just remembering to turn the camera on
or off is a distraction), nothing in the viewfinder to distract me, and
ultimately nothing to make taking the photograph "easier" causing me to
become reliant upon such a function, and to perhaps lose or lessen my
reflexes and the spontaneity with which I like to shoot.  But that's just
me ... others will say that all this new stuff can be learned and can be
beneficial ... OK, but a rejoinder is that maybe those who have become
dependent on using a plethora of features may want to try using a fully
manual camera. You may find it freeing, and you can certainly learn to work
around its limitations ;-))

Shel