Albano wrote:
> Hi, gang.
> About two months ago I bought a Super Program that I never received.
> The seller?
> jdcolour from Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada.
> I thought 20 perfect feedback, being a store and being canadian were
> good warranties. The truth is the camera never arrived. They don't answer
> my emails now and they were skilled as to make me wait enough as for
> me being unable to use the ebay policy for rip off (form must be filled
> between 60 days of close of auction). They told me to be patient, that
> they will ask the canadian post office to investigate about the possible
> loss of the camera, that I must wait just a bit more. I waited as a saint.
> It was my main error.

Hi Albano,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with this seller.  For what it's
worth -- and I hope this wasn't too presumptuous of me -- I sent the
following note to this seller inquiring about the status of your order:

This report, if true, would certainly make Pentax enthusiasts on our list
hesitant to transact business with your company.  It is my sincere hope that
there has been a simple misunderstanding in this case.  I'm certain you
realize that protection of your integrity as a businessman and eBay merchant
is not only in your best interersts, but also in the interests of those of
us who are your potential customers.  Have you been able to find out
anything from the Canadian postal authorities on the status of this
shipment?  Will your insurance cover items lost in shipping?  (I would think
this would be part of your standard practices.)  Is his repeat business, or
the potential business of his fellow Pentax list members, worth enough to
you to consider compensating him -- at least partially -- for his loss?  I
am hoping that you will consider contacting this gentleman and pursuing a
mutually agreeable settlement to this dispute.  Thanks in advance for your
consideration.

Kind regards,
William R. Peifer
USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Perhaps he'll ignore me as well, but I thought it would be worth a shot.
You should probably contact eBay anyway -- this is a not-insignificant
amount of money, and I think they'd be willing to bend the rules.  Did
either you or the seller insure the package?  With USPS insurance, you must
wait a LONG time -- at least a couple of months, I think -- before you can
even file a claim.  Did you pay by credit card?  You may be insured through
your credit card company.  Money order?  You may be protected by Canadian
wire fraud laws.  Finally, is it possible that your shipment is being held
up in Customs at the destination point?

Again, my regrets for your loss.  Thanks for sharing this information with
the group.  Hope you're able to get a least a partial reimbursement through
some mechanism.

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY