>> The 2.5" LCD and the capability to use continuous AF at you leisure
>> re-position the DS2 over the DL, which had surpassed the DS in these
>> respects. This is enough a reason for making it.
> Nice little update I'd say. Just like "N" for MZ-5 :-)

I wonder if there might possibly be some internal electronics updating,
too.  After all, dpreview.com fussed so much about the JPG quality of both
the D and the DS, right?

"While there isn't a noticeable resolution advantage shooting RAW the final
image output is certainly sharper than JPEG from the camera.  This is
interesting as one thing we have observed with *ist D JPEG's straight from
the camera is their softness."

"Because of its target market the *ist DS is likely to be used mostly by
people shooting JPEG, as we've demonstrated on earlier pages of this review
there's a vast difference in resolution and detail between JPEG and RAW and
it's obvious therefore that a lot of the detail captured by the sensor is
lost by the in-camera processing if you shoot JPEG."

Maybe the DS2 might be improved in this regard?

Fred