On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 08:54:53AM +0200, Dario Bonazza wrote:
> Charles Robinson wrote:
>
> >Looks like the only difference in the DS2 from the DS is the larger
> >screen.  STILL has the annoying "continuous autofocus only in 'action
> >mode'" restriction.
>
> Luckily, it's not so. Quoting the (rather misleading) press release:
>
> (quote)
> It also offers a choice of AF-single or AF-continuous** AF mode to
> accommodate different types of requirements.
> ** In the Auto Picture and Picture modes, AF-continuous is activated only
> when the Action mode is selected.
> (end of quote)
>
> That means that countinuous AF is activated only when the Action mode is
> selected IF you shoot in the Auto Picture and Picture modes, while it can
> be selected by the user in all other capture modes.

I don't have quite as much faith in press releases as you do.  It doesn't
explicitly say you get continuous AF in other modes; this could just be
some copywriter who doesn't fully understand the operation of the camera.
Until somebody here tries one (or until we see the manual) I'll regard
this as possible, but unconfirmed.