My father shot transparencies almost exclusively, and I took up where he left
off. I still have a lot of slides I shot when I was only ten years old or so.
Most of them are 127 Ektachrome. My dad shot  6x6 ektachrome with an Agfa. We
had a projector that cold handle both and reviewed them frequently. Reliving
vacations was the high point. I started shooting for car magazines in the mid
seventies, at the same time that my kids were born. So again I shot lots of
transparency film, both for publication and the family pics. I bought the best
Kodak carousel and entertained the kids with pictures of themselves. I worked
full time as a high school English teacher in those days and served as
photographer to the school football team. Every week I presented a slide show
for the team, which was always a big hit. Eventually I moved to New York to
work full time for a magazine and photography became more of a job and less of
a hobby. I was commuting three hours a day and travelling a lot!
 , and the slide projector stayed in the closet. It remained packed away until
last year, when I pulled it out and found some carousels full of 1970s kid
pics. We had some fun watching them once again, but it seemed like a lot of
work. I haven't taken it out again. I think we've been spoiled by the
convenience of contemporary entertainments. I can put together an I-photo slide
show in a matter of seconds and watch it play automatically. The projector is
probably doomed to sit in the closet.
Paul