On Sep 26, 2005, at 7:43 AM, graywolf wrote:

Resolution is not the only thing. Check out the link I posted previously. The Imacon scan was done at 3600ppi and the drum scan at 2400ppi. The drum scan was indubitably better even on the monitor at reduced size.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~diax/pages/mamiya_boot_scan_compare.html#

Did you miss the statement below .. ? I've said it a couple of times:

As I said, the advantage of scanning devices like the Imacon is primarily tonal rendering, not significant image data.

The imaging quality of the Imacon goes beyond anything available for the consumer price range, regardless of resolution.

Yes, a high end scanner like the Imacon does a better job. If I could afford one, I'd buy it.

Godfrey