True ... but it ~is~ a small town, both in terms of area and in population.
However, it has some of the best restaurants in the San Francisco area, a
wonderfully diverse population, a deep cultural life, a large number of
theaters, a great university, some wonderful social aspects, art everywhere
(for example, a more diverse exhibition, albeit smaller) exhibition of
Ansel Adams' photographs than his 100th anniversary celebration and exhibit
at the SF MOMA a few years ago, the venue where Salgado has hung is
exhibition and given his talks and discussions, and so much more, But it's
a small town.  And a lot more conservative in many respects than one might
think.

Shel