The rest of the world is, Nikon and Canon on their top of the line cameras. Most current offerings are 6~8mp. We all know that Pentax won't be on the bleeding edge. 10mp if it is released in the relatively near future, at a 1.3 crop would be close enough to my requirements and almost indistinguishable from 12mp for most purposes. (Smaller than the difference between 6 and 8mp anyway).

Kevin Waterson wrote:

This one time, at band camp, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Some sources have indicated that Pentax's upcoming ~10 megapixel sensor
may be larger than APS-C (though still smaller than full-frame).

Whats the point of a 10MP sensor when the rest of the world is using 12-17
or larger? Perhaps an excercise in mediocrity.

Kevin

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).