The 645 is 35mm sized by Canon standards.

Tom C wrote:

That's what I'm hoping for in the future, FF 12+ MP. I would have little desire to carry a 645D around with me when other makers would offer essentialy the same in a 35mm size body.

Tom C.

From: Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "pentax list" <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Pentax Future? What's next for Pentax...
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:29:56 +0100

On 29/9/05, Tom C, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I guess that sort of sums my feelings. I agree with Paul that I haven't >found 6 MP inadequate, but then what have I to compare it to? Suppose we >took a photo and wanted to crop it by some factor for display or printing. >Assuredly a 12, 16 etc., megapixel camera will allow this to be done with a >higher degree of (dare I say resolution) quality, than a 10MP camera, or
>than a 6MP camera.

Excuse me for being a complete dolt here. But can someone tell me what
the point of an APS-C sensor DSLR at 16 or even 12 MP is? Sincerely, I
fail to see it.

If they're going to cram 16 MP onto a chip that size, why not just make a
24x36mm sensor?

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).