Yep. I can't see the market for a 645D being too much more than owners of a film Pentax 645 system.

Tom C.

From: "Rob Studdert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Pentax Future? What's next for Pentax...
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 10:45:48 +1000

On 30 Sep 2005 at 15:17, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Formats are only names now. A 645D would probably be no larger or heavier than > the current Canon D1s Mark II, and Pentax has already said it's sensor won't be > true 645 dimensions. Most prosumers cameras and some pro models will probably
> remain APS-C. It's all just semantics. Paul

The difference is that in reality by the time the 645D comes to market (if at all) there will likely be very little advantage between a top end Canon DSLR kit and the 645D technically. And if I had to buy a new set of lenses (which I would if I had to buy a 645D to get anything remotely top end out of Pentax) I'd definitely buy into the Canon system and I can't imagine other people in my
position not doing the same.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998