On Oct 6, 2005, at 20:27, frank theriault wrote:

well, today started with a bang!

[snip!]

bike frame is okay, front wheel and fork are toast.
bloody cop charged me for no bell and no rear brake
(which i'm going to fight) even though she was 100% at
fault - that's $200 in fines, and i'm the victim!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, Frank. And the fact that you got nailed with a fine despite not being the one at fault sucks supremely. It's the same for those of us in the "motorized two- wheeled-vehicle" camp, unfortunately. If you're not on 4 wheels, you don't seem to get the fair treatment in accident scenarios. :-(

Good luck with the lawyering, and I'm glad to hear that you had a helmet on. My son has been in TWO major bike accidents in the past 5 years, and I'm sure he'd be dead or severely handicapped if he hadn't had a helmet on each time. I wouldn't bike anywhere anymore without a lid on.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]