I think she should pay definitely whether it was
Canadian Customs (Douane) or Timbuktu customs. It is
not up to you to "mother" her and make sure she puts
all that stuff in the package. It was her
responsibility. She stuffed up and now expects you to
pay for her mistake. Why are you even considering
this? It is obvious who should pay.

Jody.

PS. I have added the OT which you seem to have
forgotten. Too bad if your email filters them out.