On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, jmadams wrote:

> [...]

If Canada Customs refused the winder because it was improperly shipped,
then you probably need to write her a nice, polite note explaining this in
explicit detail.  It's not your fault that she shipped it improperly.  It
may not be hers, either, but in that case she should seek redress from the
post office, not from you.  If she complains to the post office that no
one told her that her package needed a customs form, she can probably get
them to spring for the cost of the postage.  Even if she can't, it's not
your problem.

chris