James,

   Looks like either she, her packer, or the person who sold her the shipping
messed up.  Anything going out of country would need a packing slip/explanation
on the outside of the box.  This isn't your fault, and you shouldn't pay for it.

   I'm not entirely convinced she should pay for it either. . . . whoever sold
her the shipping should have noted it was to a different country and told her it
would need a description on the outside.

   It sounds to me as if your package never made it past customs because of
this.  Did the seller (assuming ebay) list it as 'will ship internationally'?
If so, this pretty much assumes that she has experience/knowldge doing so, and
SHE is responsible for the re-shipping, not you.

   All this theory may be worth an Australian penny though (see other recent
threads).  She may decide that it's your duty to pay . . . if so, maybe it's
best to suggest to her to meet you half way on it.

Just my $0.02 (American of course)

Illinois Bill