Lithium disposable batteries are reputed to have shelf life in average storage conditions of 7-10 years. That long enough that it isn't even worth putting them in the refrigerator. :-)

Most are identical, but prices are mostly identical too. So I hunt for the Everready Energizer E2 AA batteries as I trust the Everready brand more than others. I'd recommend getting one of the small battery cases as well ... I have a very small Tamrac memory card/ battery zippered case that fits two cards, one card and one set of 4 AAs (2 CRV3), or two sets of 4 AAs; it keeps the batteries from rattling around loose and getting damaged. It and the Li batteries are very light and compact.

The first set of batteries I used on my trip were the CRV3 Li disposables that Pentax supplied in the box. They'd been in my bag for almost six months when I left, and made 1200-1300 exposures.