Hello Shel,

My thoughts were brought to the surface by the new round of
lamentations.  I do find it amusing that the competition is Canon.
None of the other manufacturers are doing tons better than Pentax at
the moment - for bringing out new, competitive equipment.

There have been a some who comment negatively that I am still waiting
to see their work to show how they are unable to get the shots they
want because of lack of technology.  I suspect most are due to lack of
skill.  Those who have truly found the roadblock have purchased
another system.

As to buffer for the D - it is 5 frames of raw (if you turn off NR,
you get 6).  The write speed with Lexar WA 40X cards is about 7-8
seconds per frame.  This is an area that the DS has improved a fair
bit.  I was thinking it was about 3 seconds.

As to the lag time on the shutter - this has mostly to do with split
second timing - basically when everything is set manually, so all the
camera has to do is fire the shutter, there is still a tiny lag time
(measured in milliseconds) from pressing to when the shutter actually
fires.  I have heard that both the Nikon D2H and D2X are very fast.
Of course, we are talking a slightly different class of camera here.

Anyway, when I don't take the shots I want, it is mostly due to my
lack of skill or creativity.  Out of all the cameras I have owned
since I was 16 years old, the only one I truly hated was a Canon A-1.
Nothing wrong with it, but I wanted to work one way and it was
designed about as opposite from me as possible.