This is an excerpt from an article I found on Luminous Landscape:

<Begin quote> The Wimberley has, to my knowledge, only one significant competitor, the Kirk King Cobra. I have no experience with this mount, so I can't comment on it other than to note that unlike the Wimberley it suspends the lens from the side, rather than the Wimberley design which allows the lens to sit on a platform. This made it unsuitable for my purposes, because the Pentax 600 doesn't have a rotating tripod collar. Any lens without such a rotating mount will similarly not work with the Kirk. At $440 the Kirk is somewhat less expensive than the Wimberley. This price includes the quick release. <end quote>

you can find the complete article here:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/wimberley.shtml

It looks like he is referring to the 6x7 600/4... So that massive lens has a tripod mount but it doesn't rotate? That's pretty silly. what's the point of having a tripod collar on a lens if you can't rotate it.....?

Christian