The LX is an amazingly good camera for low light work.  I've made perfect
exposures in a room that was completely dark but for a flickering TV
screen, the light from which was constantly changing.  The LX, with the
shutter open, just kept measuring the light until the proper exposure was
made, times varied between around twenty to forty seconds.  That evening I
got 36 perfectly exposed shots.  Portraits by TV light ... y'gotta love it!
Add the new, brighter focusing screens and a fast lens, and you've got a
real low-light shooter.  The nice thing with the LX is that if the light
changes during exposure, the metering system adjust while the exposure is
being made.

Although I prefer the MX for daily shooting, it doesn't hold a candle to
the LX in low light situations.

Shel
"You meet the nicest people with a Pentax"