In a message dated 11/28/2005 10:02:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Geez, Marnie, I can hardly store the 10K slides I
have, and I only keep about 1/4 of what I shoot.  When
I "go digital" and shoot raw, hard disk space and DVDs
will present the same problem!
================
Not the same. Physical storage space is much less of a problem. I have boxes
and boxes of slides, a lot less than you, I imagine. But they do take up space.

While DVDs storing my whole output to date on digital take up a lot less
PHYSICAL space.

Yeah, I can delete the ones that are TOTALLY black because I underexposed,
but I have found, I don't even do that. Learning experience and all that. If I
start filling up as much physical space with DVDs that I do with slides, then
maybe. :-)

So it's not as much a problem as you might think. Course I have my whole
second HD devoted just to pictures. Makes it easier. (Well, it has PS CS on it
too, but that still leaves a WHOLE lot of room for pictures.) And every now and
then I don't just back up, I move some of the old ones to DVD (removing them
completely from the HD). Because, well, a lot of my shots just aren't worth
much. Especially the earlier ones.

So you are anticipating, I think, more problems with that then there actually
are. Storage of digital images is actually EASIER. At least to my way of
thinking.

Double backups, of course.

Marnie