On 2/12/05, Paul Stenquist, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I think Cotty agreed that RAW allows for more latitude. What he wanted
>me to test was my assertion (based on Adobe info) that upsizing in the
>RAW converter yields better results than subsequent PhotoShop
>interpolation. I'm not sure if one can see the difference, but I'll
>have a look. I think a 100% monitor viewing of the interpolated images
>is probably just as good as a print for this purpose.

Agreed. I'm not looking for a win/lose here, just interested in your
comments. FWIW, I started a 'RAW vs JPEG' poll over on the EOS list as
well, just to get more input. The results are parallel with thoughts
here, I'll collect good replies and put up a web page with the more
interesting thoughts from both camps.

>From what I've seen so far, the spread seems evenly distributed between
jpeg and RAW for the EOSers, but much more in favour of RAW for the Pentaxers.

Over to Paul for those test results :-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__