On Dec 14, 2005, at 6:46 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

That may be true, Apple buys the panels from an outside vendor of
course, but I'll bet the electronics driving the display panel are
different. That's not to say the Dell is better or worse.

There's more to a monitor than simply the tube or display panel
itself. Sometimes the rest of the package is just as important.
Apple's displays are well known to be held to very tight, high
quality standards. That's why they sell at a premium price.

At least that's what they are desperate to perpetuate as a belief.

Geez, Rob. You want to continue this asinine slamming of Apple for no reason whatever? I just don't understand your desire to argue about this shit at all. Apple monitors are accepted all over the industry, in every test report, as being amongst the best out there in the price class. Expensive, yes, not *that* expensive though compared to the competition.

I don't give a flying fuck about whether Apple as a company is better or worse than any other company about trying to get as much money out of your pocket as possible. They're all into that game. I'm simply reporting that the monitors are very high quality and that I consider them worth the price.

Godfrey