On 20 Dec 2005 at 14:12, graywolf wrote:

> Addendum to my previous post, Photoshop sould be smart enough to assume
> that an image without a profile is sRGB.

It can be programmed to assume that an untagged image is assumed to be any CS
that is available on the local system. Lets say that you were working on a
calibrated monitor and you were making a lot of screen dumps for an educational
publication, you would be most productive if untagged images (or canvasses)
were assumed to be the monitor device CS.

If using PS check: Color settings > Color Management Policies

Setting untagged RGB images to assume sRGB is the logical choice in most cases
though, this is how I have my image management DB ThumbsPlus set up. However in
PS I have set the system to prompt me for a CS selection if no CS is embedded.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998