John F. wrote:

>>An updated LX would appeal to the nostalgia buffs...

Nostalgia buffs and those of us with big hands.

Seriously, I would love to see an AF LX.  I shot two
rolls last weekend with a friend's F2A, with a motor
drive and battery pack.  Spent half the day carrying
it around.

It's the aesthetics of the camera that got me.  The
heft.  The precision of its tolerances.  The
snick/whir of the shutter and motor drive.  Not AF, of
course, but still five pounds of exquisitely
engineered and machined heaven.  (Almost heaven,
actually--couldn't mount my lenses.)  Just what I
would expect of an AF LX.  Substantial, robust,
impeccable.

As I've mentioned, my eyes aren't getting any better.
My next camera will have to be AF.  An AF Pentax with
the genes of an LX rather than MX would be just about
perfect.

--John M.

=====
John Edwin Mason