On 31/12/05, Adam Maas, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Cotty, since the Nikon's register is longer, it would maintain infinity
>focus after being adapted to a K mount, but that would require a mount
>replacement instead of a straight adaptor, since it's only 1mm
>difference. It's going the other way that's impossible. The basic
>technique you used for the K to EOS adaptation should work.

Your words are not false Adam of Maas.

The Nikon register is 46.5 mm. The Pentax is 45.46 mm. In order to use
an adapter of suitable thickness to maintain structural integrity
(*love* the Trekisms), with a Pentax lens then an element must be used
if infinity focus is to be kept. Of course, if a  mount change is done
instead, including a 1mm increase in register, then it should be quite
possible to do without the need of an optical element. I would question
the need to do so, certainly on quality grounds as vintage Nikon glass
rivals Pentax bottles. Except, of course, that it would be quite cool to
wander about with an A*85 1.4 on an FM body :-)

40 minites to midnight and I'm writing the damn list !! I'm ORF!

happy new year :-)))))

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__