James Fellows wrote:

Hi,

I have been off the list for a couple of years.  I am hoping to jump into
the DSLR world soon.  Using a Pentax DSLR seems to be the way to go based on
the lenses and flashes I own.  But now I hear Pentax is in rough shape
financially and I wonder if I should not invest in Pentax if they will be
out of the DSLR market soon.  What does everybody else hear.
I hear a very nice, discreet, unobtrusive hamster-sneeze shutter sound on my Pentax *istD. A Pentax DSLR seemed to me to be the way to go because of my lenses and flashes, too, and a year and a half later that still makes perfect sense to me.

ERNR