Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
On Feb 5, 2006, at 8:00 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

On 5 Feb 2006 at 21:47, John Francis wrote:

It's not just long-winded; it comes up with what I consider to be
a totally unrealistic hypothetical camera buying scenario.

They are, to my mind, trying too hard to make a point.  As such
they come across rather more like agenda-driven zealots than an
honest disinterested opinion poll.  That counts against them,
of course - it's a lot easier to ignore people if you can dismiss
them as fanatics.

True they have an agenda to push (note the site name) however it's one that is non-commercial and should ultimately benefit photographers. Sure the survey is not that well conceived but I'd not found another forum which is more likely to
have any clout with regards to the issue of RAW file standardization.

I tend to agree with John. I felt their survey was too biased to provide realistic, objective data. As a manufacturer, I'd not lend it much creditability.

Godfrey

I agree with Godfrey. The survey was excessively biased.

Personally, I survey bombed it, choosing the most reasonable answers that led the the conclusion opposite of what the survey was slanted towards.

-Adam