I too was surprised by the negativity and suspicion. You can't lose your copyright without expressly agreeing to the same.
Paul

On Feb 6, 2006, at 9:53 PM, Aaron Reynolds wrote:

not proactively provide what would be considered fairly normal information

The original message clearly stated their intended use -- for a slide show to run at trade shows. It explicitly said that the images would not be used on their website or in print ads.

Marco is a close personal friend of mine and asked me if I thought the membership of the PDML would allow Pentax Canada to use a few images so that they could get rid of the boring, standard sample pictures they have in their slide show. I said that I thought they might, but directed him to Frank since I hadn't been active here for years.

I'll just say that the nature of some of the responses sent to Marco really surprised and embarrassed me.

-Aaron