Pentax seems to prefer to work with a select group of medium sized camera stores that have a history of dealing Pentax as well as the large internet camera stores: B&H, Adorama, and others of that ilk. They seem to avoid the big box stores and mass retailers. Probably a good strategy for a company with limited production capability.
Paul