On 2/17/06, frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think it might be interesting to see how personal favourites might
> differ from what I perceive as the style of that photographer.

It's funny. I'm not sure I have a favorite photograph that I've taken,
but the ones that I'm the most proud of are pictures that I haven't
scanned, and likely, never will.
I did a series of studio shots, fairly simple compositions, of some
items from my childhood. All of them involved things that were given
to me, or in some way connected, to my mother. Each item in every shot
has a personal meaning to me.
I haven't gotten around to scanning the negatives (done in 4x5), and I
likely never will. The prints are all 11x14, and I likely never will
print those negatives again. But setting up the shots, doing the
exposures, and printing them (color, wet process) in the darkroom was
such an introspective and cathartic experience, and I can truly say
that the end results really are a reflection of me. A part of me that
is buried deep, and is very difficult for me to tap into.

So it's not all beer signs and boats with masts that look like filter
cigarettes with me. :-)

-Mat