Shel Belinkoff wrote:
Is that a good sensor?  How has it been behaving itself in the Nikon?

It might be nice if there were a Samsung version, perhaps leaving the
Pentax to have more bells and whistle and the Samsung being a bit more
basic.

If you are interested, dpreveiw has a full review of the 200D http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond200/

He stupidly compares the noise characteristics against the Canon 5D (full sensor, less "pixel-packing"; the D200 is an APS sensor so the pixels are packed tighter) so the noise at 1600 and 3200 looks higher. Still it isn't bad. There have been reported "banding" issues but apparently Nikon has fixed that and it may have been a software/firmware deal and not an inherent problem in the sensor.

My guess is that the new D-whatever from Pentax will be a great camera in as much as the original was. Image stabilization? Full k-mount computability? Who cares really. I'm more interested in frame rate and buffer size. Can I rattle off 23 RAW frames at 5 FPS? :-)

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net